|Rear of House, north elevation.|
There were additions to the Pele tower in the Tudor and Jacobean periods.
The first country house was built in 1688 and the original ground floor of the Pele tower formed the cellars of the present building.
The cellars have thick stone walls, vaulted ceilings and stone flagged floors. The narrow windows, passageways and doorways are all perfectly preserved.
|House entrance, east elevation.|
|Trevelyan Coat of Arms on south elevation.|