Search This Blog

Thursday 18 August 2011

Views around the Grounds and Walled Garden - 17/08/11

Today was to be my first visit volunteering in the Walled Garden in August. I have missed two weeks for my annual holiday. The rain of July has continued into the month of August. The plants and flowers in the Walled Garden have taken quite a battering with the heavy rain.

Today the sun was shining and the Walled Garden echoed to the sound of children's voices. I spent all of today cutting back flowers that have passed their best and dead heading. After I completed this I raked the paths beside goldfish pond.

The following photographs were taken as I walked to the Walled Garden:

Clock Tower

House Entrance

Griffin Heads, East Lawn and House

Walled Garden and view towards Edwardian Conservatory

Roses in the Walled Garden Cut Flower Border

Walled Garden Orchard


Edwardian Conservatory

Planted Urn
Walled Garden Border

No comments:

Post a Comment