Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Views around the grounds and Walled Garden - 5th October 2011

This was my first visit to Wallington this month. The sunshine and high temperatures of last week were not repeated today! It was overcast with strong winds and we did have to work out in some quite heavy showers this afternoon. The weather did keep visitors away from the property today.


I spent all day in the Walled Garden, this morning I cleared out some wooden tubs of plants ready for new planting of spring bulbs and forget-me-nots. After lunch, I cleared away the leaves from the herb border and finished it off by weeding and edging the grass.

The following photographs were taken this morning as I walked through the property to the Walled Garden:

Clock Tower and Courtyard.

Autumn in the Courtyard.

House and West Lawn.

East Lawn.

East Lawn and House.

Griffin Heads on East Lawn.

Some colour in the Walled Garden.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment