Search This Blog

Thursday 12 January 2012

Views around the grounds and Walled Garden - 11/01/2011

The unseasonable warm weather continued - even at 8.00 a.m. the temperature was 10 oC! As I travelled to Wallington the early morning sky was red and I stopped to take the following photograph.

Early morning sky
The weather remained dry for the rest of the day and although it was cloudy the temperature never really dropped. The property saw a steady trickle of visitors taking advantage of the day to get out and about in the grounds and Walled Garden.

I spent my day clearing the paths and area around the Compost heap. Towards the end of the afternoon the wind was starting to get up again.

I took the following photographs before starting work:

Clock Tower

Courtyard view

House entrance

China Pond

Walled Garden


Walled Garden

Neptune Gate - entrance to Walled Garden

View of Mary Pool

Mary Pool

Upper Terrace

Hot Border and Peach Houses

No comments:

Post a Comment