Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Views around the grounds and Walled Garden - 25/07/2012.

This was to be my last visit in July, to this historic National Trust property in Northumberland. There was a great deal of overnight rain at home and it was also to be the case at Wallington. The ground and the grass was wet as I walked around the Courtyard, in front of the house and onto the East Lawn. 

I made my way through East Wood and along the path beside Garden Pond. In the distance I could hear the noise of a petrol strimmer, when I got closer I saw it was one of the gardeners dealing with the long grass beside the entrance into the Walled Garden.

After a quick cup of coffee, I was given my jobs for the day, namely edging the strawberry border and herb border in the Orchard and Nuttery. I was to get these finished and I moved onto the Lower Terrace and started to edge the Railway Border grass. There were a great deal of visitors in the Walled Garden today. The weather was not great, not much sun, quite warm and an overcast sky that threatened further rain showers, none came as I finished for the day.

I took the following photographs before I started work this morning:

Lime Avenue leading to West Wood.
West Lawn and House.
Wallington Hall.
The Jubilee Border beside the House.
Griffin Heads on East Lawn.
Steps down to the Lower Terrace.
Beside the Mary Pool.
Path on Lower Terrace leading to the Yew Circle.
Evidence of overnight rain.
Lower Terrace of the Walled Garden.
Raindrops on the foliage.
Raindrops and colour.
Potting shed on East Lawn of the Walled Garden.
Colour in the border beside East Lawn.
Pollen in the breeze.
Raindrops on the roses.


No comments:

Post a Comment