Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Views around the grounds and Walled Garden - 06/03/2012.

It was a dry bright morning with a hard frost for my first visit to Wallington in March. The journey was unadventful, until a traffic announcement stated that the Kirkharle to Wallington road was blocked due to an accident. The traffic increased in the opposite direction as I tried to think of a new route as I approached Kirkharle, the road was clear until I reached the A696 and saw a Police car blocking the road. My usual route to Wallington was clear and I got into the car park at my normal time.

Our first job of the day was to wash the outside of the entrance ticket office, with three people this was completed quickly and we then were instructed to tidy up the borders on the south and west side of the House. Plans are being prepared to plant these out in the future with red-white-blue flowers for the Queen's Jubillee.

After lunch we were given jobs in the Walled Garden. It was to tidy up the border opposite to the Cut Flower border, making it ready for Spring. The sun shone until mid afternoon but a coolish wind sprang up.

The following photographs were taken before I started work:

Shrub in the Car Park.

Clock Tower and Courtyard in the early morning sun.

Sun dial on the south side of the House.

Borders bing prepared for Queen's Jubilee.

Garden Pond.

Garden Pond.

Garden Pond.

Garden Pond.

Garden Pond.

Garden Pond.

Garden Pond.

Early morning frost.

First Daffodils.

First Daffodils.

No comments:

Post a Comment