Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Views around the Grounds and Walled Garden - 03/04/2012

The sunshine and high temperatures have gone and the weather forecast was predicting snow to come south from Scotland and would reach the North East around lunchtime. The sky was grey and it began to rain as I reached Wallington. It has been a few weeks since I needed my waterproofs. As usual on my way to to the Walled Garden, I was on the lookout for any picture opportunity.

It was not raining too much to keep me inside this morning, I finished off the edging on the Lower Terrace I had started last week. After completing this, I started to clear the path beside the Mary Pool of weeds. By lunchtime the rain was getting heavier and turning to sleet, it was too bad to continue to work outside as the snow started to fall. For the afternoon I helped to weed the Peach Houses and spray the plants. By 3.00 p.m. the ground was covered in snow and it was certainly a lot colder.

On the way home the car temperature guage was flashing at 0oC. The snow continued to fall and the weather forecasters certainly got it right.

The following photographs were taken before I started work and the snowy scenes on my way to the car park after work:

View through to the Courtyard.
Purple Prince tulips in the border beside the House Entrance.
Daffodils on East Lawn.
View of House from East Lawn.
Daffodils on East Lawn.
The Griffin Heads on East Lawn.
Rain on the Red Crown Imperials.
Rain on the Red Crown Imperials.
Virburnum in the Plum Border of the Walled Garden.
Lower Terrace of the Walled Garden.
Shrub on the Lower Terrace of the Walled Garden.
Rain on the Daffs!
Lower Terrace looking towards the Conservatory.
Railway Border.
Lone Tulip and Forget me not.
Daffodils in the Orchard and Nuttery.
Raindrops.
Blue and Yellow Border in the Walled Garden.
Snow on the trees in East Wood.
East Lawn and House in the snow.
Clock Tower and Courtyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment