Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Views around the Grounds and Walled Garden - 02/05/2012.

First visit to Wallington in May. Passed through a great deal of rain on the way, but it was dry when I reached Wallington at about 9.00 am. On reaching the gate into East Wood, I decided to take the left hand path around China Pond. It was very quiet and I reached the Walled Garden after a slight detour because the path was roped off. Last week, one of the gardeners was laying drains to try and stop the path becoming so muddy.

My job for today was laying hardcore onto the path after the drainage work was completed. It remained dry for the whole of the day and after lunch the sun got out.The path has certainly dryed out and it should be less muddy for all of the visitors. 


I took the following photographs before I started work this morning:


China Pond
Garden Pond
View of Walled Garden Lower Terrace
Railway Border
Cut Flower Border
Lower Terrace
Plum Border
Plum Border
Lower Terrace




No comments:

Post a Comment