Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Views around the grounds and Walled Garden - 26/06/12

I changed my day to visit and volunteer at Wallington this week. With it being a Tuesday the House is not open and it is usually quieter. The weather forecast was for rain to come in from the west late afternoon. The sun was shining as I left home and the sky was very overcast as I reached Wallington.

My task for today was to edge the grass on the Lower Terrace of the Walled Garden, with the rain and warmish  weather, the grass is growing quickly and it is needing a great deal of attention. Up to lunchtime I managed to get the large area of grass edged and the border weeded and forked over where I had been working. 

After lunch I moved towards the Yew circle and did the same to the Railway border. There were a few visitors walking around the Garden and a First School party were making a visit. The rain kept off all day and it only started when I left the car park at 3.40 p.m.

The following photographs were taken before I started work this morning : 

The view along East Drive.
East Lawn and House Entrance.
View across the parkland on the south side of House.
Colour on East Drive.
Lower Terrace of Walled Garden.
View of Railway Border looking towards the Yew Circle.
On the Lower Terrace looking up to the Owl House.
View of Railway Border looking up towards the Mary Pool.
The Blue and Yellow border.
Beside the Cut Flower Border.
Multi-coloured leaf in the Winter Garden.
Fish Pond.
Looking up the path beside the Plum Border.
Walled Garden Planting.
The Blue and Yellow Border.
Beside the Peach Houses on the Upper Terrace.
Upper Terrace of the Walled Garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment