Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Views around the grounds and Walled Garden 28/08/2012

Having missed my day at Wallington last week, I made my usual early morning trip to help in the grounds and Walled Garden today. The weather still remains unsettled and I am hoping for a drier September and October. Over the course of the day, we got some bright sunny spells and some overcast sky. It looked as though it would rain, but the strong breeze made the dark clouds pass over quite quicky.

As the school holidays are coming to an end the property was still busy with many children running around the Courtyard and playing on the other grassed areas. My task for today was to try and get the lawn edges back into shape around East Lawn. The warm wet weather is still making the grass grow quickly. I spent all of my day edging and weeding the path and managed to get all of East Lawn completed before 3.30 p.m.

Grass cutting will take place later in the week, weather permitting. The grass has been too wet on some days during the last few weeks so it has not been able to be cut. At least the edging has been done in preparation for the cutting, hopefully!

I took the following photographs before I started work this morning:

Clock Tower.
Clock Tower.
China Pond.
China Pond.
Garden Pond.
Looking towards the Mary Pool.
Hot Border and Conservatory.
Blue and Yellow border.
Upper Terrace of the Walled Garden.
East Lawn.


Garden Pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment