Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Views around the grounds and Walled Garden - 12/09/2012

It did not look as though it would be a very good day with early rain and dark looking clouds. The closer I got to Wallington the sky got slightly clearer and there was some blue sky. The rain had stopped as I reached the car park and I made my way through the property to the Walled Garden.

This week at Wallington there was a group on a working holiday and I was to continue edging and weeding the path on the south side of the House and West Lawn. A school party were out about all day with their teachers and helpers. 

At one point during the morning, I had to put on my waterproof clothing to continue working on the paths. It stayed dry during the afternoon and there was some bright sunny spells. Apart from the school party the property was not very busy. I managed to edge and weed about 100 metres of the path and I am expecting to continue with this next week.

The following photographs were taken before I started work this morning:

House entrance.
House from East Lawn.
Colour beside East Lawn.
New paths under construction in East Wood.
Serpentine border.
Scaramouche - Walled Garden statue.
Mary Pool in the Walled Garden.
Centurion - statue in the Walled Garden.
Upper Terrace in the Walled Garden.
Gate to River Walk.
Rain in the Walled Garden.
Lower Terrace in the Walled Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment